Studying in Europe is a real option and has many benefits that you may not have considered.
Did you know?
- Many courses are taught through English.
- You can bring your SUSI Maintenance Grant with you (if you are eligible).
- High quality education on offer, fully aligned with Irish Qualification standards.
- Flexible entry requirements.
- Free or low fees.
- It is a huge boost to your career when you show international experience.
- The range of educational, training and career options are wide and varied.
If you want to find out more about studying in Europe, you can chat online to a trained Youth Information Officer or leave us a message and we can get back to you.
Useful websites providing information on Studying in Europe
Course available in European Colleges/ Universities
If you have not decided on which country to study in, there are some general search engines such as:
- StudyEU is a European education portal with information about universities and English-taught study programmes.
- Icares Education is an international Course Search engine, where you can search over 5,000 courses in over a 120 countries.
If you would like to find out more on the available options on applying and other practical matters, every country has a searchable database to see what courses are on offer. Study Finland: http://www.studyinfinland.fi
Courses taught through English in Europe
Thousands of courses are taught through English in Europe. A good place to start is StudyEU – a European education portal with information about universities and English-taught study programme- and also each country a searchable database to see what courses are on offer e.g. Study in Denmark: http://studyindenmark.dk
Can I get my SUSI grant when studying abroad?
The Maintenance Grant is the only funding available to eligible Undergraduate Students pursuing approved courses outside the Irish State. The fee grant is not available to students studying outside the State. The maintenance grant funding is available for undergraduate study only. The only exception to this is for students attending postgraduate courses in four approved institutions in Northern Ireland. More information.
Will Brexit affect my SUSI Grant if I am studying in UK from Ireland?
You apply for maintenance grant through SUSI – Brexit will not affect the grants available to eligible students. You can also check out tuition loans for international students through UK system. More information
Europe is Open to You
This booklet designed to take the mystery away from studying in Europe. It give tips and useful websites so that you can find out more about the amazing chances available to you. Susan from Crosscare Youth Information Service has been involved with Euroguidance, Eures and Eurodesk to produce it. For a hardcopy, contact us and we will be able to send it to you or download a Copy