Leaving Cert Results 2023.
The Leaving Certificate Results will be out on Friday 25th August 2023. There are many important dates that you need to be aware of over the next few weeks. Here is the link to CAO Key Dates. Be familiar with them and keep an eye that nothing changes.
Where do I get my results?
The Leaving Certificate results will be out on the 25th August 2023 at 10.00am – The results will be issued directly to you through the Candidate Self Service Portal. The SEC Candidate helpline will be available at 1800 111 135 or 1800 111 136 from 9 am to 5pm. Outside of these hours, queries may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Tuesday 6th September at 12.00pm you will be able to see your marks including for each component. This may help with the decision on whether or not to appeal under either process.
Your results will be transferred through the CAO to Higher Education Institutes.
How do I calculate my CAO points?
- The six best results, in recognized subjects, in one Leaving Certificate Examination will be counted for CAO points calculation.
- Each grade represents CAO points – Click here to read how many CAO points each grade gets.
- Another Useful Tool is the CAO Points Calculator
- Maths Bonus Points: The bonus points are included in the overall points calculation only when Mathematics is one of the applicant’s best six subjects following the addition of the bonus.
- One sitting only of the Leaving Certificate Examination will be counted for points purposes.
- Universities and Colleges within the CAO system offer places to the students with the highest points first – IF these students have put this course as their highest choice!
- Remember, you must first meet the minimum entry requirements in order to be considered for entry to a course – so it is really important to check this carefully!
How do I appeal my results?
If you are unhappy with your Leaving Certificate Results, you can appeal those results. Appeals Submission dates for 2023 are not available yet: . The appeals process can be accessed through the States Examinations Committee’s Student Portal. There is no date yet on when you will know the outcome of your appeal.
Viewing your marked script: Before you appeal your result(s), you can view your examination script. The viewing of scripts allows you to see how the marking scheme in each subject has been applied to your written exam. It will help you make an informed decision as to whether or not to make an appeal – Viewing of scripts will be held either in schools or online depending on whether the subject/level was marked on paper or online.
Applications to view Leaving Cert scripts opens at 5pm on Tuesday, 29th August 2023 and closes at 8pm on Wednesday, August 30th 2023. The LCA application to view scripts will be via email. The same timeline will apply.
Scripts in Leaving Cert subjects which were marked manually will be available to view on Saturday, September 2nd – Sunday, September 3rd 2023: . Candidates will be assigned to one of two sessions on Saturday and Sunday: Session 1; 9.30am-12.30pm/ Session 2; 2pm-5pm.
Scripts in subjects marked online: Students can access to view scripts online for 24 hours between 9am on Saturday, September 2nd, and 9am on Sunday, September 3rd 2023. The online viewing process is delivered through the Candidate Self Service Portal and involves candidates having timebound access to PDFs of the scripts.
Appealing the Exam Result: You can appeal the exam results to the State Examinations Commission (SEC) from Sunday, September 3rd – Monday, September 4th 2023. Your script will be sent to an appeal examiner for re-marking.
Further information on The Appeals Process.
Guidance Counsellor Helpline – 1800 265 165
The Leaving Certificate candidate helpline, at 1800 265 165, which is provided by the National Parents Council post-primary will be available from 10 am on 25th August 2023 for students to reach a guidance counsellor with any queries that they may have. This helpline will operate until after the CAO first round offers and is staffed by qualified guidance counsellors.
Next Step: CAO Offer of College Places
Leaving Cert HUB 2023 aims to answers many of the questions that may arise in the next week or so after the Leaving Cert Results are released, including:
- Leaving Cert Results/ Appealing your result
- CAO Offers/ Appealing your Results/ CAO Available Places/ Deferring a College Place
- Options other than CAO
- Student Financial Supports/ College Grants
- Going to College in UK
- Going to College in EU
- Support for students with a Disability
- Support in College/ Accommodation/ Commuting to College