Leaving Cert Results 2022.
The Leaving Certificate Results will be out on Friday 2nd September 2022 at 10.00am. There are many important dates that you need to be aware of over the next few weeks. Here is the link to CAO Key Dates. Be familiar with them and keep an eye that nothing changes.
Where do I get my results?
The Leaving Certificate results will be out on the 2nd September 2022 at 10.00am – The results will be issued directly to you through the Candidate Self Service Portal.
On Tuesday 6th September at 12.00pm you will be able to see your marks including for each component. This may help with the decision on whether or not to appeal under either process.
Your results will be transferred through the CAO to Higher Education Institutes.
How do I calculate my CAO points?
- The six best results, in recognized subjects, in one Leaving Certificate Examination will be counted for CAO points calculation.
- Each grade represents CAO points – Click here to read how many CAO points each grade gets.
- Another Useful Tool is the CAO Points Calculator from the Careersportal.
- Maths Bonus Points: The bonus points are included in the overall points calculation only when Mathematics is one of the applicant’s best six subjects following the addition of the bonus.
- One sitting only of the Leaving Certificate Examination will be counted for points purposes.
- Universities and Colleges within the CAO system offer places to the students with the highest points first – IF these students have put this course as their highest choice!
- Remember, you must first meet the minimum entry requirements in order to be considered for entry to a course – so it is really important to check this carefully!
How do I appeal my results?
If you are unhappy with your Leaving Certificate Results, you can appeal those results. Appeals Submission opens at 9 am, Saturday 10th September and closes at 12.00pm Monday 12th September 2022. The appeals process can be accessed through the States Examinations Committee’s Student Portal. There is no date yet on when you will know the outcome of your appeal.
Viewing your marked script: Before you appeal your result(s), you can view your examination script .The viewing of scripts allows you to see how the marking scheme in each subject has been applied to your written exam. It will help you make an informed decision as to whether or not to make an appeal – Viewing of scripts will be held either in schools or online depending on whether the subject/level was marked on paper or online.
Application to view your written exam script opens at 5 pm, Tuesday 6 September and closes at 8 pm Wednesday 7th September – with Saturday, September 10th as the date to view your script in school. The online viewing process is delivered through the Candidate Self Service Portal and involves candidates having timebound access to PDFs of the scripts. Online viewing in these subjects will be available between 9 am on Saturday 10th September to 12 pm on Sunday 11th September.
Appealing the Exam Result: You can appeal the exam results to the State Examinations Commission (SEC) from 9.00 am Saturday 10 September 2022 and closes at 12.00 pm Monday 12th September 2022. Your script will be sent to an appeal examiner for re-marking.
Further information on The Appeals Process.
Guidance Counsellor Helpline
The Leaving Certificate candidate helpline, at 1800 265 165, which is provided by the National Parents Council post-primary will be available from 11 am on 2 September for students to reach a guidance counsellor with any queries that they may have. This helpline will operate until after the CAO first round offers and is staffed by qualified guidance counsellors.
Next Step: CAO Offer of College Places
Leaving Cert HUB 2022 aims to answers many of the questions that may arise in the next week or so after the Leaving Cert Results are released, including:
- Leaving Cert Results/ Appealing your result
- CAO Offers/ Appealing your Results/ CAO Available Places/ Deferring a College Place
- Options other than CAO
- Student Financial Supports/ College Grants
- Going to College in UK
- Going to College in EU
- Support for students with a Disability
- Support in College/ Accommodation/ Commuting to College