Bringing young people together to celebrate peace & unity!
Crosscare Youth Services Photo Competition
Entry Deadline: 28th May
Europe Day is celebrated on May 9th every year, and it marks the anniversary of the signing of the “Schuman Declaration” in 1950. This ambitious plan was created to ensure long-term peace in post-war Europe, and it is considered the beginning of the European Union that we know today.
To celebrate the values of Europe Day, the team in Crosscare Youth Information are organising a Photo Competition for all Crosscare Youth Services. Send us your best photo capturing what peace and unity means to you by the entry deadline of 28th May!
Each Winner will receive €100 one4all voucher, a print of their image and has a chance to enter into the Eurodesk Ireland National Photograph Competition. Finally, a €50 Just Eat voucher for the Youth Group of each winner.
So, get ready to grab your camera and join us in celebrating Europe Day! Read on for all the competition details.
How to enter
Taking part is simple!
- Snap a photo on your mobile phone or camera that captures what ‘Peace & Unity’ means to you
- Send your photograph and application form into Crosscare Youth information Service via your Youth Worker.
- All entries must be accompanied by a small description of your picture to explain the connection you are making with Europe Day Peace & Unity.
Prizes - 3 Winners
Each winner will receive:
- €100 one4all voucher
- A4 print of their image
- Entry into Eurodesk Ireland National Photograph Competition with a chance to win a a professional camera of your choice to the value of €500.
- Finally, a €50 Just Eat voucher for the Youth Group of each winner!
Who can take part?
Young people who are registered members of Crosscare Youth Services.
For young people under the age of 18: parental or guardian consent is required. Please download the consent form and submit it with your application.
For those who are 18+: by submitting an entry you agree to use of your submission for promotional purposes, including those outside of the competition as the organisers see fit and to your data being processed in line with Léargas Personal Data Policy.
Criteria and Selection
If you’re in the photography competition, you might be wondering what the judges are looking for. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Your photo and description should be related to the theme of “Peace and Unity”.
- Make sure your photo is clear and visible.
- Be creative and express your artistic style.
- Follow the formatting requirements (below).
- Submit your entry before the deadline Sunday, May 28th.
- Use a mobile phone or any camera to take a clear picture in landscape or portrait format.
- Make sure the photo is sent as a JPEG file and that it is no larger than 5MB.
- Basic editing like adding colour, filters, or cropping is allowed as long as it does not change the authenticity of the photo.
- Only submit photos that are your own original work; do not include anything that is taken/copyrighted by someone else or generated using AI.
- If you take a photo of another person, make sure you get written consent to use their image for this photo competition.
- Do not include any logos, copyright marks, or visible references on the images.
Remember to have fun and good luck with your entry!
- Entries will be sent by email via local Youth Workers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries will be assessed by a selection committee in the Crosscare Youth Information Service.
- Winners will be notified through their Youth Worker
- Winners will be announced through Crosscare Youth Information social media platforms
- Winning photographs will be entered into the Eurodesk National Competition and assessed by their selection committee. For those under the age of 18, youth workers/teachers will need to confirm that parental or guardian consent has been obtained for the young person to enter the National competition. You can download consent forms here.
Please note: the judging panel reserves the right to disqualify entries that does not meet the competition criteria and formatting requirements.
Follow us on our instagram to see the entrants and winners of the competition. You will also get lots of useful information specifically for young people and links in the bio to chat online to a Youth Info Officer where you can ask them any question you have Mon – Fri 4 – 8pm!
Looking for inspiration?
There are some images captured by the young people and youth workers in the Youth Services.
Crosscare Youth Information is a member of Eurodesk Ireland. Eurodesk is a free information service that operates in 36 European countries. They provide information on opportunities for young people to work, study, volunteer and travel in Europe and support young people to access such opportunities. They also provide information on EU-funded programmes. To find out about opportunities and how to contact the Eurodesk National Office and its local partners, please visit our website https://eurodesk.ie.
National Photography Competition
Eurodesk Ireland is running a National Photography Competition where winners will be able to select a professional camera of their choice to the value of 500 euros. The winners of our Competition will be entered automatically into this National Competition.
If you have any questions please contact contact us.