Semi state bodies and large organisations are recruiting apprentices, and this month there are a number of apprenticeship opportunities available. We look at Apprenticeships in greater detail in another post, but for now, we just wanted to make you aware of some organisations recruiting right now.
Careers Portal keep a regular update of various Apprenticeship Opportunities on their link: Apprenticeship News
Bus Éireann’s Apprenticeship Recruitment Programme is now open with positions in Cavan, Cork, Drogheda, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Thurles, Tralee and Waterford garages. Applications can be made online here und the country.
- Reached at least 16 years of age, on or before 1 September 2022
- A grade C/ Merit or higher at Ordinary Level in the following subjects in the one sitting of the Junior Certificate – Mathematics, English or Irish, Science* and two other subjects. (Grade D/Achieved or higher in higher level papers is acceptable) *If you have not obtained the required grade in Science, then Art Craft and Design, Home Economics, Materials Technology (Woodwork), Metalwork, Technical Graphics or Technology are acceptable
- orA grade D/6 or higher at Ordinary Level in the following subjects in the one sitting of the Leaving Certificate – Mathematics, English or Irish, Science Subject* and two other subjects. *Agricultural Science, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry
There is also an aptitude test that needs to be taken to make a short list for interviews.
ESB APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME 2022 is open from 10th March 2022.
ESB offer a 4-year paid programme leading to QQI advanced level 6 Electrical trade certificate. We will be announcing details of our 2022 ESB Networks Apprenticeship Programme soon. You must be 16 years old on June 1st, 2022 to apply.
As long as you meet the minimum age requirements, you can apply for our Apprenticeship Programme using your Junior Certificate, Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied. For more details – or if your exam qualifications were obtained outside Ireland – see our Apprentice brochure..
Closing date for applications is, and the applications must be done online using the link below.
Apply Now before the 12pm March 28th 2022
You can call ESB on 1890 393939 between 9am and 5pm for more information.
The Defence Forces are currently Recruiting for Air Corp Apprentice Technician Programme
What is an Air Corps Apprentice Aircraft Technician
Aircraft Technicians conduct maintenance and servicing of Air Corps aircraft including airframes, engines, avionics, systems and equipment. Air Corps Aircraft technicians play a vital role in the Air Corps’ ability to deliver military air capabilities to the Irish state. Apprentice Aircraft Technicians undergo academic and technical training at the Technical Training School, Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel.
A summary of candidate requirements and qualifications is as follows (this is for guidance only and does not replace the official Terms and Conditions which should be consulted):
- Be 18 years of age or above and under 23 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- Be a citizen of the state or be any other person who has a lawful entitlement to reside and work within the State for the period of time that is required for the purpose of any such appointment.
- Be of good character and satisfy any security clearance requirement.
- Meet the required standards of medical and physical fitness.
- Obtain specific grades in the Leaving Certificate/National equivalent.